Team Leader Problem Manager, Acxiom Corp. May 2005 – Present
I work in the Acxiom Enterprise Data Center as the team leader for the Problem Elimination Team, which is based on the ITIL Problem Management discipline. Our data center supports over 8000 Linux-based grid nodes, hundreds of Windows servers, several petabytes of data, and countless applications and grid services. Our team is focused on identifying recurring problems, finding root-cause, and driving those to resolution. We coordinate effort across company divisions to find solutions to these problems, whether they be hardware, software, or network related, both proactively and reactively.
- Helped build the Problem Management discipline in our group from the ground up.
- First and only team in the company devoted solely to ITIL Problem Management.
- Designed and built tool to capture problem records, separate from incident tickets.
- "Associate of the Quarter" award for building and maintaining web-based tools that alert support teams of current high priority incident and change tickets.
While working on a Master’s degree at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, I held an assistantship position as a Trigonometry and College Algebra instructor. Teaching at the collegiate level prepared me for my current role by expanding my leadership, planning, and speaking skills.
- M.S. Mathematics. University of Arkansas. Fayetteville, AR. May 2005.
- Fellowship, Walton Endowment
- Graduate Assistantship
- B.S. Computer Science. B.S. Mathematics. Arkansas Tech University. Russellville, AR. May 2003.
- Magna Cum Laude
- University Honors
- University Honors Project - Worked with Dr. Larry Morell, Head, Computer Science Department at Arkansas Tech University, to create a new programming language called Genesis, used for teaching programming algorithms to new students. Genesis has been added to the Computer Science curriculum at ATU as part of COMS 1403.
Available upon request.